Monday 6 February 2012

Busy Week

This week is totally non-stop and as a result I won't be able to write the first 'real' post for this blog.

Originally I had two appointments, my usual Physiotherapy on Wednesday and the dentist's on Friday to get a tooth extracted. Easy on my non-existent energy level and pain level.

Today I had an incredibly early wake up call to go to my brother's before he left for work at 8am, this was the second day (last Thursday being the other) that I've waited in for his modem from BT to be delivered. He checked with BT again this lunchtime and found that the person in the call centre who on Friday said his replacement modem for the one which went awry last week in transit would arrive today was wrong. Two working days was needed for dispatch and it wouldn't be delivery till tomorrow.

So home again just after lunchtime and I'll be up early again tomorrow to go to his house and wait in for the delivery which hopefully will come this time. Third time lucky and all that!

Anyway if it doesn't arrive he is out of luck as I have appointments Wednesday through Friday now that I can't change to stay in his house to await delivery if it doesn't turn up tomorrow.

This afternoon the Occupational Therapist at the Council/Social Work department phoned about the referral she got from my OT at the hospital last week. She is coming Thursday at 11am to see me at home to assess these problems I'm having including not being able to use the overhead shower that she actually arranged to have installed for me about 8 years ago when we moved in here originally.

Also as the schools my three nephews attend go off for 3 days in-service training starting Thursday so we have them all for the entire day on Thursday. My Father is intending to take all three with him to pay our rent when the OT is due so that they won't get 'in the way' so to speak while she's here assessing me.

Friday I have an appointment in the morning to return to the dentist, I was there last Wednesday for a check-up and back on Friday past for a filling and the results of the x-ray I had taken, when I am due to have a tooth extracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment